We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Peach "Big Honey" ("Big Honey") is deservedly included in the top ten best varieties from the world selection and has excellent quality and taste characteristics.
The Big Hani peach forms tall trees with a medium crown. The fruits are very attractive in appearance, without pronounced pubescence. Fully ripened peaches, medium or large. The average weight of the commercial fruit does not exceed 170-210 g. The skin is relatively dense, yellow, with a bright and very beautiful reddish-raspberry blush.
The pulp is beautiful, orange-yellow, juicy and dense. The taste is sweet, with a slight, subtle sourness and a very delicate aroma. The bone is difficult to separate from the pulp. Harvest ripens in the first decade of August. Ripe fruits are suitable for transportation within 3-5 days.
Plants are extremely rarely affected by powdery mildew and curly. The frost resistance is -30 ° C. The characteristics of the variety declares the possibility of commercial, canning and dessert use of the crop.
Peach "Big Hani" refers to the category of partially self-fertile varieties that need to plant a pollinator or conduct additional pollination to increase productivity.
Features of growing peach
Ways to increase productivity
A significant part of peach varieties reacts to negative temperature conditions at the level of -24-25 ° С by complete freezing of flower buds. Winter temperatures below -29 ° C provoke severe damage to the aerial part of the fruit tree as a result of freezing of the trunk and the fork of the skeletal branches. Big Haney peach is characterized by a fairly stable, high yield. However, to get the largest, marketable fruits, you should follow the simple recommendations for growing this southern tree:
- the vaccination site should be buried when planting at least 7-9 cm, which contributes to the proper formation of the tree;
- prune a peach tree before flowering, on a pink bud, which helps to regulate productivity;
- the purpose of performing trimming of any kind is to maximize the lightening of the crown;
- in the spring, all frozen shoots are subject to mandatory removal, which can cause diseases of garden plantings and significantly reduce yield indicators;
- the most common and most harmful peach fungal disease, which can cause a maximum decrease in yield, is curly leaves, which involves timely and effective protective measures in orchards;
- you should not leave all the flowers and ovaries on the fruit tree, as the best result is crop rationing.
If in the southern regions peaches grow well enough and develop, and also form a plentiful crop without special tricks of the gardener, then in other parts of our country these fruit trees are recommended to be grown in a wall or creeping culture.
When growing peach "Big Hani", attention should be paid to compliance with agricultural technology and strictly follow all the rules for growing a heat-loving fruit crop in a personal plot:
- for peach trees, the most rational are fairly intensive irrigation measures during the flowering and formation of fruit ovaries;
- in early spring, a plant that has begun to bear fruit must be fed urea annually by falling into the furrows on the projection of the crown of a fruit tree of about 150-200 g of fertilizer;
- after flowering and after harvesting, gardening should be fed with solutions of complex mineral or organic fertilizers.
It is very important to carry out preventive measures against pests and diseases, as well as systematically pruning the crown of fruiting trees, which positively affects the productivity and quality indicators of the crop. Chemical spraying should be carried out not only in the early spring, but also after mass harvesting, when preparing plants for the winter period.
The Big Haney peach received fairly high ratings and positive reviews from gardeners and farmers in the southern regions of Russia. The declared high frost resistance of the variety does not always correspond to reality. When cultivating these heat-loving plants in the more northern regions, freezing is often observed on the level of snow.
How nectarine differs from peach
It is also not always possible to get a decent crop from intact winter plantings in the garden. Of all the fruit peaches, they bloom the very first, so quite often there is a loss of flowers as a result of damage by night frosts. To increase the indicators of frost resistance, experienced gardeners recommend planting a peach of this variety on an apricot rootstock.