We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Blueberries are good for the eyes and the gastrointestinal tract, they support the immune system. Rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, iron and manganese, it has a wonderful aroma and taste. Dark blue beads decorate and complement pastries. Berries are used in the form of decoctions, infusions, compotes and jelly. A real treat - blueberry jelly, prepared for the winter.
You can prepare sweetness in a variety of ways and with the addition of other fruits and herbs. Observance of simple, but important rules will help to prepare fragrant jelly - a worthy table decoration.
Features of making blueberry jelly
Making blueberry jelly is easy. To get a sweet treat with a dense jelly-like consistency, it is important to follow the rules:
- do not violate proportions;
- follow the cooking times indicated in the recipe.
How to choose blueberries before starting the process
Delicious, aromatic and vitamin jelly for the winter is prepared from fresh wild berries.
Trace elements are quickly destroyed. The longer the shelf life, the less they remain. In an open container in the refrigerator, the berries retain their beneficial properties for 7 days.
Fresh berries are firm and dry. It is advisable to buy blueberries from trusted people in non-radioactive areas.
How to make blueberry jelly at home
Blueberries are easy to process. It is enough to sort out the berries from debris (leaves, small twigs) and rinse. For homemade preparations, you will need a suitable container (glass jars of different volumes), lids, a twisting machine, a large saucepan.
- for 300 g of juice - 50 g of sugar.
Add a little water to pure blueberries, cover and put on fire. When the berry is soft, remove from the stove. Squeeze the juice through cheesecloth. Add sugar and cook until reduced in volume. The readiness is checked by the droplet density. If it doesn't run on the plate, the jelly is done.
Pour the hot mixture into jars and sterilize for 30 minutes. Roll up.
If the finished jam is planned to be used in the preparation of confectionery, it is recommended to increase the amount of sugar. Otherwise, the taste will be unexpressed.
A simple recipe for the winter
Blueberries contain a large amount of vitamin A. Heat treatment leads to the loss of trace elements. Therefore, caring housewives strive to reduce the cooking time.
- 1 kg of berries;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 1 glass of water.
- Dry clean blueberries, use a blender to mash.
- Pour in sugar, pour in water. Boil the syrup.
- Boil for about 2 minutes.
- Add berries to the pan.
- Stirring gradually, bring to a boil. Remove the foam.
- Pour into jars (pre-sterilized). Roll up.
- Put the jars on the lids, bottom up, cover with a warm blanket.
- The jelly will turn out sweet and sour.
Gelatin is used as a thickener. With it, the consistency of the jelly is dense.
- 1 kg of granulated sugar;
- 0.5 kg of blueberries;
- 5 sachets of gelatin (50 g total);
- 1 liter of water.
- Prepare gelatin: add 3 tbsp. tablespoons of water, leave for 30 minutes.
- Peel and rinse blueberries.
- Boil the water.
- Gently add the berry. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring regularly.
- Add granulated sugar, cook for a quarter of an hour.
- Gently insert the gelatin into the jelly.
- Pour into jars. Roll up.
The ratio of berries and sugar: 6 kg to 5.
Pour the berry with half granulated sugar. Wait for the juice to appear. Bring to a boil over low heat. Pour in the remaining sugar. Boil for 5 minutes. Wait for the mixture to cool. Boil again for 5 minutes and cool. After the third time, close the banks.
A delicious way to stock up on jelly for the winter and preserve the beneficial properties is to cook it without heat treatment.
Proportions: for 1 kg of berries, 2 kg of sugar.
- Grind the berries with sugar (it is convenient to do this with a blender).
- Pour the mass into jars, preferably sterile.
- Top up with 2 tbsp. l. Sahara. This forms a kind of cork that protects against fermentation.
- Roll up.
- Store in a refrigerator or cool cellar.
Blueberry jelly made from frozen berries retains more beneficial vitamins.
You will need:
- 300 g blueberries;
- 20 g gelatin;
- 1 glass of water;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara;
- citric acid to taste.
- Pour gelatin in advance with water so that it swells.
- Defrost berries, mash.
- Add acid and sugar to the berries.
- Put on fire.
- Heat gelatin, stir, pour into the mass.
- When it boils, turn off the stove.
- Arrange the cool jelly in tins, put in the refrigerator.
The substance is used in confectionery and pharmaceutical companies to shape the product. This beneficial supplement is astringent and has beneficial effects on the body. The substance normalizes metabolic processes and stimulates weight loss. Lowers cholesterol levels.
- for 1 bag of pectin;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 1 kg of blueberries.
- Combine pure berries with granulated sugar.
- Mash with a blender.
- Add pectin gradually.
- Bring to a boil over low heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour into jars, roll up with metal lids.
Ingredients: apples - 1 kg, blueberries - 1 kg, granulated sugar is calculated in accordance with the volume of juice obtained: 1: 1.
Wash the apples, cut out the wormy and broken parts. Cut with skin. Fill a saucepan with processed fruits with water. Cook, covered, until soft.
Pour clean blueberries with water, cover the pan with a lid and cook until the berries are soft.
Drain the resulting juices, combine and put on fire. When 1/3 of the volume has evaporated, add sugar, continue to cook. Stirring alternately, remove the foam. Fill the jars, turn the lids down and cover with a warm blanket. On the second day, move the banks to the cellar.
How do you know if the jelly is ready? Put a drop of liquid in cool water. If it retains its shape, the jelly is ready.
- blueberries 400 g;
- lime - 2 pieces;
- basil leaves;
- 2 carnations;
- 100 g sugar;
- gelatin - 2 sachets.
- Prepare lime: peel, squeeze out the juice.
- Pour gelatin with 2 tablespoons of water, it will swell for half an hour.
- Pass the berry through a sieve or blender, pour in lime juice, add basil and cloves.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in warmed gelatin carefully.
- Pour the cooled jelly into containers.
Making blueberry jelly with grapes for the winter is quite simple.
You will need berry juice. How do I get it? Boil for 5-10 minutes until soft. Then drain the resulting liquid. Cook over low heat until 1/3 of the volume is gone. Now add sugar and cook. Stir occasionally. When the syrup thickens, roll up in jars.
Take products in a ratio of 1: 1.
Elderberry boosts immunity. The combination of berries makes for a wholesome and sweet treat.
- 1 kg of blueberries;
- 1 kg elderberry;
- 2 kg of granulated sugar.
- The berries should be juiced, for this they are covered with sugar for 2-3 hours.
- Cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- They are laid out in ready-made containers.
- Roll up.
The ratio of sugar and berries must be strictly observed, otherwise the consistency of ordinary jam will turn out.
How to store a treat correctly
The storage method for winter blueberry jam depends on the preparation method.
Berries that are not subject to heat treatment are stored in a refrigerator or cold cellar.
The rolled up jars are removed to a cool cellar. The jam has a shelf life of about 3 years. A longer period changes the taste and vitamin composition.