We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Conventional marinades have become boring for a long time. For a change, you can cook crispy pickled cucumbers with cherries for the winter. A juicy spicy piece with a light pink brine is a wonderful addition to hot lunch dishes and an appetizer for a festive table that will not leave indifferent any guest. There are no difficulties in cooking, you just need to prepare containers and quality products.
Why put cherry leaves in cucumbers?
When salting, in addition to the components of the marinade, cherry, as well as currant, grape leaves, spicy greens, and peppercorns are used. These ingredients are essential for giving the cucumbers firmness, firmness, rich taste and aroma. Without their use, the workpiece turns out to be fresh, watery, not appetizing.
The subtleties of pickling cucumbers with cherries for the winter
When pickling cucumbers, the following nuances should be considered:
- The fruits selected for seaming must be thoroughly washed. Failure to do so increases the likelihood of the can swelling and product deterioration.
- To make the taste more pungent, piquant, you can add horseradish, hot pepper pod, garlic cloves to the jar. But the amount of garlic should be small, otherwise the cucumbers will soften.
- For pickling, fruits that are not grown in a greenhouse are best suited. Pickled greenhouse cucumbers soften and become unpleasant to eat.
- If, a few days after seaming, the brine has become cloudy, whitish, then the cans will have to be depressurized, the marinade poured out, and a new one made.
- In order for the preparation of the marinade to be successful, and the seaming to stand for a long time, you should choose fresh and ripe cucumbers with darkened pimples. Fruits with light pimples are called salad fruits, usually jars with them do not stand for a long time, they explode.
List of ingredients for the recipe
To roll up one liter can, you need to take the ingredients in the following quantities:
- 0.5 kg of cucumbers;
- 1.5 tablespoons of 9% vinegar;
- 3 tablespoons of sugar;
- 1 tablespoon salt
- dill umbrella;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 2 allspice peas;
- 2 cherry and currant leaves;
- half a cup of cherries.
How to choose and prepare products?
For seaming, you can take both your own cucumbers grown in the beds, and purchased in the store. The main thing is that they are fresh, short, elastic to the touch. Only fresh product after conservation will be crispy.
Prepared fruits must be poured with cold water, left for 5-7 hours. Then wash thoroughly, cut off the tails and tops.
You also need to wash all the other ingredients. Peel the garlic cloves. Cherries can be pitted if desired.
Preparing containers for the start of the process
A liter jar is most convenient for preserving small cucumbers with cherries. The prepared cans and lids must be sterilized in any way before the seaming procedure.
Pickled cucumbers with cherries are prepared as follows:
- on the bottom of the sterilized jars, put the first layer of currant and cherry leaves, then dill, garlic cloves, peppercorns;
- fill the jar with cucumbers, insert cherries between them;
- filled containers are poured with boiling water, left for 15 minutes;
- the water is poured, a new portion of boiling water is poured in, left for 15 minutes;
- the infused water is poured into a saucepan, add sugar, salt, boil for about 2 minutes until the ingredients are dissolved;
- the required amount of vinegar is poured into the jars, poured with marinade;
- close with lids, roll up;
- the workpieces are turned over with the lid down, wrapped in a towel, and left on the table until they cool.
Storage rules and periods
Since the vinegar in pickled cucumbers acts as a preservative, the product is stored longer than salted and lightly salted fruits. Moreover, the requirements for storage conditions are not strict. Cucumbers with cherries, rolled up in compliance with the rules, stand without loss of quality for up to 2 years.
You can store pickled cucumbers both in a cool place and at room temperature.
Temperature conditions do not affect the safety of the product.
During storage, so that the cans do not burst and the product does not deteriorate, the following rules must be taken into account:
- workpieces should not be placed near heating radiators and other heat sources;
- it is unacceptable to leave seaming in the winter on the balcony and in another place unprotected from frost;
- it is impossible that direct sunlight falls on the workpieces.
In a private house, pickled cucumbers are kept in the cellar. In an apartment environment, the best storage places are pantries, kitchen cabinets, shaded shelves.
Before serving, it is advisable to cool the cucumbers with cherries, keep them in the refrigerator for several hours. This will improve their taste.