We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The characteristic and description of the tomato variety Red Icicle eloquently confirms, otherwise, even though this variety appeared quite recently, it has already fallen in love with many summer residents and vegetable growers. These tomatoes are loved for their excellent taste, beautiful shape and simplicity in growing.
The characteristic and description of the variety contain information about the most important advantages of the red Icicle tomato variety:
- early ripening variety;
- good yield indicators;
- fruits are subject to long storage and transportation;
- universal use - tomatoes are suitable for both salads and preparations;
- tomatoes are great for sale, have a beautiful presentation;
- the variety is highly resistant to diseases and pests.
Icicle is a hybrid medium early variety suitable for growing both outdoors and in greenhouses. The height of a tomato can reach 200 cm, the bush grows rapidly. The first inflorescence appears above 5 or 6 leaves. In total, up to 6 brushes can grow on a bush, in each of which 8 - 9 tomatoes are formed.
The fruits have an unusual elongated shape with a sharp nose, the weight of each tomato is 90 - 120 g. The pulp is firm, sweetish, with numerous chambers, bright pink in color. Tomatoes have a high keeping quality, so they are often grown for sale.
The use of fruits is universal: they are tasty in salads, fresh dishes, suitable for preservation, they can even be dried and dried.
Organization of tomato care
The characteristics and description of the variety claim that the variety is frost-resistant, so the tomato can be grown in almost any region. Seeds for seedlings are planted in late March and early April in a container with nutritious soil and placed in a bright, warm place.
The picking and fertilization is carried out after the appearance of 1 - 2 full-fledged leaves, after the picking, the seedlings are thoroughly watered.
Young plants are transplanted to a permanent place at the end of May, keeping a sufficiently large distance between the tomatoes so that the bushes do not interfere with each other in the future.
Disease and pest control
The variety is considered resistant to insect pests and various diseases, but is damaged by septoria, aphids, late blight:
- Septoria or white spot is a viral disease that affects the leaves and stems of the plant, starting from the bottom. The disease significantly reduces yields and appears in conditions of high humidity and high temperatures. Most often, plants get sick in late summer and early autumn. You can cure the bushes by removing the affected leaves and treating the hole with special chemicals: Horus, Tsineb.
- The fight against aphids consists in several spraying of the bushes from pests with preparations that you can prepare yourself or purchase in flower shops.
- Phytophthora is a fungal disease that rarely appears on the Icicle. Infected bushes are visible immediately: the leaves turn brown, dry out, and characteristic black spots appear on the fruits. They fight late blight with various fungicides: Fundazol, Fitosporin, Topaz.
Olga, 29 years old, Voronezh: “I planted a red Icicle tomato last summer. She reaped a decent harvest with almost no effort. Now we grow these tomatoes with the whole family: not only me in the country, but also my parents and mother-in-law in the village. "
Having once tried to grow this unusual and delicious variety of Icicle tomatoes, vegetable growers and summer residents are very pleased with the result.
To grow a rich harvest, as the characteristics and description of the variety say, it will not take much effort and expensive investments, it is enough just to comply with elementary agrotechnical requirements.