We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Favoritka pear has many advantages. This plant is highly productive and has tasty fruits. The culture is unpretentious to growing conditions. However, to obtain a good harvest, it is recommended to follow agrotechnical rules. At the same time, you need to water, feed, cut trees on time. Prevention of diseases and pest attacks is of great importance.
Description and characteristics of the variety
This variety is characterized by tall trees with a thin pyramidal crown. It consists of thick branches that extend from the trunk at right angles. The foliage is oval or ovoid and is pointed at the base.
During the flowering period, large white buds appear on the pear. The fruits are large and elongated. From above, they are covered with a yellow skin. Inside is white flesh. There is also the Red Favorite variety. It is characterized by red or brownish fruits.
Advantages and disadvantages of pear Favorite
early and friendly ripening of fruits - in the middle lane you can harvest in mid-August;
good taste and excellent presentation;
the possibility of transportation over short distances;
the ability to grow even in heavy, infertile soil.
rapid shedding of ripe fruits from the branches;
the need for immediate processing of the crop;
the need for pollinating trees;
late onset of fruiting - only 6-7 years after planting.
Cultivation and care of the crop
In order for the cultivation of a crop to be successful, it is important to strictly follow the rules for carrying out planting work and provide the plant with comprehensive care.
When planting a culture, it is worth following these rules:
- With a strong depletion of the soil on the site, it is recommended to add at least 3.5 kilograms of organic matter and 2 tablespoons of ammonium nitrate to the trunk circle.
- The soil should be loose. This will allow air and moisture to enter.
- In the southern regions, it is recommended to plant 1 year old plants. In the north, it is worth using seedlings 2-3 years old.
- Prepare the grooves for planting in advance. Place a drainage layer on the bottom, then humus or compost 10 centimeters thick.
In the first years, it is recommended to moisten the soil 10-12 times during the season. Gradually, the number of watering is reduced by 2 times. Be sure to moisten the soil before flowering, after the formation of buds. It is also worth watering the pear 3 times during the summer and before wintering.
It is recommended to fertilize the plant only for 3-4 years. In this case, it is important to follow the following scheme:
- Fertilizers containing phosphorus are best applied in the fall. 30-40 grams of the substance is used per 1 square meter.
- Nitrogen-based formulations should be used in the spring. For 1 square meter, 30-40 grams of funds are required.
- Fertilizers with potassium content are applied at 10 grams per 1 square meter. This is done in early summer.
- During the flowering period, the pear needs boric acid. To prepare a solution, 0.2 grams of substance per 1 liter is required.
- Peat, compost or humus must be used at intervals of 3 years. This can be done in the spring or fall.
Pruning pear trees
It is recommended to form the branches of the tree in the form of a bowl. This helps to achieve good illumination and ventilation of the crown. This makes it easier to care for the plant and to collect the fruit.
Zarechny Maxim Valerievich
Agronomist with 12 years of experience. Our best summer cottage expert.
The Favorite pear is characterized by high yield parameters. Therefore, during the fruiting period, its branches should be propped up.
Pests and diseases
To cope with parasites, it is worth performing an initial preventive treatment with insecticidal agents before flowering. For this it is permissible to use "Decis" or "Metaphos". To avoid the development of scab, it is recommended to spray the trees with Bordeaux mixture 3 times during the season. The first procedure should be performed immediately after the snow melts. To prevent unnecessary pathogens from entering the tree trunk, it needs to be whitewashed.
If cracks are detected, it is necessary to immediately begin treatment. It is recommended to treat damaged areas with a solution of copper sulfate with a concentration of 1%. On top of them should be covered with a layer of garden varnish. This will help prevent the development of gommosis and black cancer.
Harvesting and storage
The culture belongs to the summer varieties. Therefore, plucked fruits are not stored for a long time. Harvesting is necessary in August. To keep the fruits longer, it is recommended to pick them unripe. This is required to be done with the stalk. In order for the pears to mature, it is recommended to place them in a dry, well-ventilated room.
Pear Favorite is considered a popular horticultural crop with high yield parameters. In order for the plant to develop normally, it requires high-quality care.