We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Watermelon is a wonderful summer berry that most of us love, and it is in winter that it is sorely lacking. However, it will help fix the marinating. In the cold season, you can feel this unforgettable taste of summer, and also fill your diet with something unusual, fortified. Now let's take a closer look at the issue of canning watermelons.
How to preserve watermelons without sterilization
- Vinegar is six percent.
The secret of an excellent snack is simple - it should be tasty, simple and affordable for absolutely everyone. So pickled watermelons bypassing sterilization are what you need. It should be noted right away that their taste is a bit unusual and rather for an amateur. Someone is crazy about him, while others do not like him at all. If you have never cooked such a dish, it is better to marinate 1-2 jars first, and if you like it, roll up more next year.
The recipe itself is simply nowhere easier:
- First, you need to choose the right berry so that good canned watermelons come out. It should be a little immature, so the shape will be better preserved. Wash the fruit well in advance and chop it into slices.
- Then they need to be shoved into containers, but it is not worth pressing down.
- Now we proceed to the marinade. To do this, pour boiling water over the jars of watermelons, let it brew for about 15 minutes and drain the liquid into a saucepan. Then do this procedure again. Next, you need to add salt, sugar there and pour the jars directly with boiling marinade to the top.
- Now take vinegar and pour into each jar in proportion: two tablespoons to one and a half liters.
- Then roll up immediately.
- The finished canning should be turned over, wrapped in something warm and left so until it cools down. After 2-3 days, send them somewhere in a cool place: basement, cellar, pantry.
You should try canned fruits closer to November, so that the berry is thoroughly marinated, and you can feel this unforgettable taste.
Recipe number 2
If you do everything right, as the recipe says, you will end up with an excellent, juicy, sweet product. By the way, instead of vinegar, which is on the list of ingredients, you can use citric acid, it will be even better, you will avoid the explosion of the cans.
- Water - one and a half liters.
- Sugar is about two tablespoons.
- Some celery.
- Four bay leaves.
- Black pepper - eight peas.
- A little garlic - 4 cloves.
The above proportions are calculated for 2 kilograms of watermelons.
To get a good salting, step by step follow the instructions on how to cook canned watermelons for the winter without sterilization:
- The recipe is simple. Rinse each jar using regular baking soda, then pour boiling water over them.
- Wash the fruit, remove the tails and cut them into wedges. You can cut the rind if you like.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in the jar and place the fruit wedges on top. When there is no room in the jar, pour boiling water over them and leave for twenty minutes. Next, drain the water and pour it into an enamel bowl, and add salt and sugar to the whole thing.
- At the final stage, it is advisable to add vinegar or brine.
- Next, roll it all up and, turning it over, cover it with something warm. When cool, move to a cool place.
Pickled watermelons with mustard
The result of this recipe will exceed all your expectations. As a result, you will get a fragrant, tasty snack for the winter in cans. When preparing the marinade, only rock salt should be used.
Required ingredients for preserving watermelons in jars:
- A tablespoon of salt;
- Mustard powder - a tablespoon;
- One watermelon;
- A tablespoon of sugar.
Now you need to strictly follow the instructions:
- First you need to wash the fruit, and then cut it into pieces of any shape. Be sure to cut off the green crust, but leave the white one.
- Next, you need to prepare the brine using mustard, salt and sugar.
- Then put the berries in jars and sprinkle with spices.
- Banks should be closed with plastic or nylon lids. Leave them in this state at room temperature for three days.
- Next, the snack is placed in the refrigerator for one day and can be considered ready.
Soaked watermelons with aspirin
This is another good way to marinate watermelons. Aspirin will help to prevent the workpiece from exploding, will make the taste of the watermelon a little sour.
Required for brine:
- Lemon - three teaspoons.
- 9 aspirin tablets.
- A little sugar - nine tablespoons
- Table salt - nine tablespoons.
The proportions are indicated for three kilograms of watermelons.
- Rinse the watermelon and divide it into parts, before that, be sure to remove the green rind. Divide it into containers and fill it with hot water. Let it infuse and after 10 minutes, pour the liquid into a saucepan.
- All necessary ingredients, excluding aspirin, must be mixed and the brine must be boiled for about five minutes. While the brine is still boiling, you need to pour it into the jars.
- After that, you need to put three aspirin tablets in jars. Then roll them up, turn the lids down and let cool.
Instead of aspirin, you can easily use something else, such as citric acid, vinegar, or vinegar essence.
Pickled watermelons with honey
Required ingredients to cook pickled watermelons in jars for the winter:
- Seven and a half liters of water.
- Watermelon - 8 kg pieces.
- Honey - ten tablespoons.
- Salt and sugar - 5 tablespoons each.
- Salt and sugar - five tablespoons.
- Nine percent vinegar - three hundred milliliters.
Instructions on how to preserve watermelons:
- Put the previously washed watermelon slices in three-liter jars and pour boiling water for eight minutes.
- Then you need to drain the liquid into another container, and fill the cans with a new one, let it stand and drain again.
- Heat the marinade, throw literally two tablespoons of honey, one spoonful of sugar, salt and sixty milliliters of vinegar into each jar.
At the end, you need to cork the jars, turn them over, and of course wrap them up. After the contents have cooled, you can send the container to a cool place. By the way, according to the same principle, you can marinate a melon, there are quite a lot of recipes for how this is done.