We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tartar cold sauce, which belongs to French cuisine, can serve as an excellent alternative to mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup. There are many options for its preparation, and they all have common advantages - it is an exquisite taste with a minimum amount of ingredients and ease of preparation. The appetizer may include salmon, turkey, beef, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, mayonnaise and other ingredients. The recipe for tartar sauce with pickles is widely popular, which will be an excellent addition to most meat and fish dishes.
The subtleties of cooking tartar sauce with pickles
Tartar sauce with the addition of pickled cucumbers is available for home cooking, as it does not contain exotic or expensive ingredients. The technology used is reminiscent of the process of making homemade mayonnaise. It involves whipping vegetable oil with egg yolk and aromatic spices until a homogeneous mass is obtained, followed by adding additional ingredients - cucumbers, herbs, tomatoes and mushrooms.
The use of some ready-made ingredients, for example, mayonnaise or sour cream as a base, can simplify the task.
The ingredients for the homemade pickled cucumber tartare sauce may vary depending on the preparation method.
The first method is more time consuming and laborious, but it will please with improved taste properties of the product.
The following ingredients are required:
- 3-5 pickled cucumbers (medium size, uniform color and dense texture);
- 2 tablespoons of refined vegetable oil
- 3 boiled chicken eggs (only yolks are used);
- one tablespoon of prepared mustard and lemon juice;
- a few sprigs of herbs - dill, basil, parsley, as well as a couple of green onion feathers.
The second version of the Tartar sauce with pickles, garlic, mayonnaise and sour cream is more economical, simple and quick to prepare. For him you need:
- 3-5 medium-sized cucumbers;
- 60 milliliters of sour cream and mayonnaise;
- 5 sprigs of dill;
- 3 cloves of garlic.
In both versions, you can add salt and pepper, the amount of which depends on taste preferences.
Selection and preparation of products
For tartar sauce, pick pickles of approximately the same size, having a dense, uniform consistency. They must be thoroughly crushed to a homogeneous viscous mass.
Eggs need to be hard boiled, cooled, peeled, and then separated from the yolks.
As for vegetable oil, you need to choose refined oil - with a transparent consistency and without foreign smell.
Cooking homemade tartar sauce with pickles includes several successive stages:
- First of all, you need to properly prepare the egg yolks. They should be crushed so that their consistency resembles a dough. To do this, the yolks should be grated on a fine grater or, passing through a strainer, thoroughly knead with a fork.
- Then, alternately add the required amount of mustard and vegetable oil to a container with crushed egg yolks.
- Beat all the ingredients well so that the mass acquires a homogeneous consistency. For this, a mixer or a whisk can be used.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to the resulting mass.
- Lightly salt the mixture and add a few peas of allspice, then be sure to stir.
- Now it's time for cucumbers. Without peeling them off, they must be cut with a sharpened knife into the smallest possible particles.
- Finely chop all types of greens, add to the rest of the ingredients and mix again until perfect homogeneity.
In order to save time, you can choose a simplified method and prepare a tartar sauce on a mayonnaise-sour cream basis. In this case, the technology is as follows:
- With a whisk or a tablespoon (you can use a wooden one), mix mayonnaise with sour cream so that the mass becomes homogeneous.
- Cut the cucumbers into miniature squares.
- Mash the garlic cloves with a hand garlic press.
- Chop the herbs and add to the mass.
- To add a spicy flavor to the sauce, add a few peas of allspice.
- Perform intensive mixing of the components to obtain a homogeneous composition.
- Take a sample from the prepared sauce and add salt if necessary. This cooking option does not imply the separate addition of lemon juice and mustard, because these components are already contained in mayonnaise.
Tartare with pickles is served on the table in an elegant saucepan. If you plan to use it later, you need to put the product in a glass jar of a suitable size, close the lid and send it to the refrigerator.
Storage terms and rules
Homemade tartar sauce with pickles is not suitable for long-term storage. In a glass container with a tightly closed lid, it can be kept in the refrigerator for a maximum of one week. However, the optimal shelf life of the sauce is two days - after this period, the original taste is gradually lost.