We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Galya Chiv strawberry is considered a very productive plant. The culture belongs to late-ripening varieties and bears the harvest in the second half of July. With proper care, the plant produces an excellent harvest. At the same time, it is recommended to water, loosen and feed the plants in a timely manner. The fight against dangerous diseases and pests is of no small importance.
Description of the variety and brief characteristics
This culture is characterized by certain features:
- The variety is distinguished by its late ripening period. The first fruits ripen in July.
- Bushes are considered vigorous and erect. They are covered with few leaves.
- The root system is long and strong. Thanks to this, it penetrates into the deep layers of the soil and absorbs moisture.
- The plant has a minimal number of whiskers and high peduncles. The flowers are white and medium in size.
- The berries have an orange-red hue and are large in size - up to 50-70 grams. They have a cut-conical shape. Inside there is a dense and juicy pulp.
- The fruits are distinguished by a wonderful sweet and sour taste and a pleasant strawberry smell.
Advantages and disadvantages of strawberries Galya Chiv
high yield parameters;
large size and beautiful berries;
pleasant fruit taste;
high resistance to disease;
resistance to temporary drought;
tight separation - this entails damage to the fruit;
short life span - by 3 years the berries become small;
the need to normalize the ovaries;
rapid depletion of the soil by a fast-growing crop;
susceptibility to increased dampness;
difficulties with adapting seedlings in hot weather;
the inability to transport crops over long distances.
The subtleties of growing
A sunny area with good protection from drafts is suitable for planting a crop. In the north, strawberries are best grown in greenhouse conditions. To get a good harvest, the plant needs a fertile loamy soil with humus and peat in its composition. A couple of weeks before planting the culture, the soil should be dug deep.
Zarechny Maxim Valerievich
Agronomist with 12 years of experience. Our best summer cottage expert.
When planting, seedlings should be placed in rows or staggered. There should be a maximum of 6 bushes per square meter.
Galya Chiv can hardly tolerate excess moisture. Therefore, it is required to water it sparingly. The best option would be drip moistening of the soil. Excessive amount of water negatively affects the taste of the berries and can cause the development of rot.
In order for the bushes to bear fruit well, the mustache must be removed. It is recommended to do this before layering appears. To get material for planting, the bushes should be grown separately. In this case, it is recommended to remove flower buds immediately. It is not recommended to wait for flowering.
To restore the nutrient composition of the soil, it needs to be fed. In the first year of cultivation, compost or humus is added. It is also permissible to use ash. In the second year, there is a need for stronger nitrogen fertilizers. At the same time, it is recommended to take 50 grams of urea and a glass of ash for 10 liters of water.
Starting from the third year of cultivation, the bushes at the stage of active fruiting should be fed 2 times. This should be done before flowering and after harvest. For this, it is recommended to use a slurry solution. It is mixed with water in a 1:10 ratio.
Disease and pest control of the variety
Sometimes the plant is faced with fungal diseases. To avoid this, it is recommended to engage in prevention. In early spring, the bushes should be treated with Bordeaux liquid at a concentration of 1% or use the Horus preparation. In the fall, the procedure should be repeated. The use of "Fitoverma" helps against pests.
Strawberries of this variety can be propagated by vegetative methods:
- Air layering. To do this, it is recommended to leave 5 whiskers on the uterine bush. When a rosette appears on the shoot, attach the mustache to the ground so that it takes root faster. The stepsons should be separated from the main plant in a month.
- By dividing the bush. In this case, the uterine bush is recommended to be dug up, cut into fragments and lignified rhizomes removed. Transplant the resulting delenki to a new place.
Collection and storage
Strawberries ripen in the second half of July. This variety is characterized by a high yield. It is 500-700 grams per bush. Berries can be eaten fresh or processed. They can be kept in the refrigerator for several days. For longer storage, the fruits should be frozen.
Strawberry Galya Chiv has a high yield and excellent taste. For a crop to be successful, it needs good care.