We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Wood lice herb has medicinal properties. This plant has a complex effect on the human body and helps to cope with unpleasant diseases. In this case, it is necessary to choose the right folk recipe and strictly follow the rules for its application. Before using woodlice for therapeutic purposes, you should definitely familiarize yourself with the list of contraindications and side effects.
Where does wood louse grow
The plant got its name due to its craving for wet places. The grass grows well in areas where the soil never dries out. It grows best in the shade, around bushes and under fences. This keeps the leaves of the plant constantly moist and cool.
Woodlouse has other names as well. It is often called starworm or wood lice. The plant is also called the canary herb.
Useful properties for the human body
Many people are interested in the benefits and harms of the plant. The healing characteristics of woodlice are manifested with local and internal application. The plant has the following properties:
Due to the listed features, the culture produces a complex effect on the body. Woodlice is often called the heart herb. This is due to the high potassium content in the composition. Thanks to this, the plant has a beneficial effect on the condition of the heart muscle, helps to relieve pain and normalizes the functioning of the organ.
The use of wood lice helps to achieve the following results:
- Cope with cramps and colic of hepatic origin. The plant eliminates pain in the stomach, flatulence, stool disorders in the form of constipation.
- Replenishes the lack of vitamins and minerals, increases the hemoglobin content and strengthens the body's defenses.
- Normalizes the work of the nervous system, produces a calming effect, copes with irritability. Stellate can be used as an anticonvulsant to prevent epileptic seizures in children.
- Stimulates recovery from colds. These include viral infections, pneumonia, tracheitis. The herb also helps with bronchitis. It also eases the condition of tuberculosis, which is accompanied by hemoptysis.
- Helps to cope with pain in arthritis, rheumatism, myositis. The plant eliminates the symptoms of sprains and sciatica.
- Eliminate purulent skin lesions. The use of wood lice helps to cope with non-healing wounds.
- Cleanse and rejuvenate the skin. Woodlice is allowed to be used to combat acne.
- Cope with mastitis and activate lactation.
What parts are used?
In medicine, the terrestrial part of this medicinal plant is usually used. It is allowed to use it fresh or dry. Freshly squeezed juice of the plant is also very useful.
Drying wood lice is recommended in the shade. Thanks to this, it will retain the maximum number of useful characteristics. Starwort has a large number of healing properties.
Due to this, it is permissible to apply it locally, in the form of compresses, lotions, baths. The plant is also suitable for oral administration. It is used in the form of juice or infusions. Decoctions are also often made.
The plant contains many vitamins. Therefore, it is recommended to put its greens in salads or soups in the spring. It helps restore vitality and eliminate anemia.
Indications and contraindications
Key indications for using the herb include the following:
- rickets in children;
- joint pathology;
- damage to the nervous system;
- pathology of the heart and blood vessels;
- weakening of immunity;
- pathology of the organ of vision;
- gynecological diseases.
Woodlouse has no serious contraindications. However, the plant causes a serious decrease in pressure. In this case, it is not recommended to use grass.
Application in traditional medicine
The plant can be used in different ways. It is worth choosing a specific recipe based on the diagnosis.
Woodlice juice for eyes
To make juice from grass, you need to follow these steps:
- prepare grass - 500 grams;
- wash well;
- squeeze out the juice;
- put the finished drink in the bottle.
Fresh juice is recommended for use in the eyes. This is done for pathologies of the cornea or retina. It is usually recommended to use 1-2 drops 4 times a day.
Infusion for the treatment of eczema, ulcers, poorly healing wounds
For this infusion, it is recommended to take 1 large spoonful of herbs and mix with a glass of boiling water. Infuse for 4 hours, then filter.
For topical application, the resulting infusion is recommended to treat wounds. It is also worth applying compresses to damaged areas of the epithelium.
Also, the composition can be drunk orally for joint diseases. To do this, you should drink a quarter of a glass of the product 4 times a day. This is done before meals.
Woodlice decoction for skin diseases
To cope with dermatological pathologies, you can make a healing decoction. To do this, it is recommended to take 4 large spoons of the herb and combine with 1 liter of water.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Leave for 2 hours and filter. Apply the ready-made composition in the form of compresses. It helps with lesions of the dermis.
Vodka infusion for stomach pains
To cope with the pathologies of the digestive system, it is worth taking 1 large spoonful of dry herb and combining it with 300 grams of water. Insist for 2 weeks, then filter. Drink once a day. To do this, add 15 drops of the substance to a glass of water.
Woodlice juice for acne
To eliminate rashes, plant juice is suitable. To do this, it is recommended to take 500 grams of fresh grass, wash and squeeze the juice. Treat affected skin areas with a fresh composition. It is recommended to do this 4 times a day.
Infusion of woodlice herb
Infusion helps to cope with many diseases:
- For sleep disorders, it is recommended to take 15 large spoons of herbs and combine with 1 liter of boiling water. Insist 8 hours. Drink the filtered product in a quarter of a glass.
- To stimulate lactation, the infusion of starwort should be drunk in half a glass.
- From such a tool, you can prepare compresses for puffiness.
- With mastopathy, you can pour boiling water over the grass and put it on the affected chest.
For women's health
It is useful for women to drink a decoction of woodlice 10 days before menstruation. This will help avoid pain and delayed menstruation.
With the development of female diseases, it is enough to soak a cotton swab with the composition and place it in the vagina before going to bed. The manipulation should be done for 5 days, then interrupt for the same period and again carry out the treatment.
The use of wood lice in cooking
To avoid the development of vitamin deficiency, it is recommended to eat early plants. The first branches and leaves should be picked in late April or early May. They are used for making salads. It is also useful to put plantain leaves in such dishes.
In addition, there are other recipes with the "participation" of woodlice. To make a salad, you need to mix the herb with green onions, add a boiled egg, dill and salt.
At the end of summer, you can cook healthy cabbage soup. In them, in addition to woodlice, it is permissible to put carrots, beet tops, potatoes, tomatoes.
To make the filling for pies, it is recommended to fry the onions and mix with chopped wood lice and sorrel.
To make a seasoning for meat and fish, it is recommended to take 20 grams of garlic and 50 grams of horseradish for 200 grams of chopped herbs. The herb is allowed to be added to any dishes. This will make them much more useful.
Application in cosmetology
Woodlice significantly improves skin condition. It helps moisturize and smooth the epithelium, cope with small wrinkles, and improve the shade and structure of the dermis.
To do this, you should use the following recipes:
- Take the herb and fill the jar with it. Pour boiling water over and cover. After 20 minutes, pour the resulting product into the bath. It is recommended to take it within half an hour. This procedure helps cleanse the epithelium.
- When dry calluses appear on the heels, you should put fresh wood lice in your shoes. You need to walk in it all day, wash your feet and lubricate with cream. When carrying out the procedure 3-4 times a week, you will be able to completely forget about the problem.
- To smooth out wrinkles and achieve a pronounced anti-aging effect, it is recommended to take fresh woodlice leaves and add a small spoonful of cream and honey to them. As a result, you will be able to get a miraculous mask.
- To make a compress for a withering dermis, it is recommended to prepare a decoction of stellate. Then moisten a soft cloth in it and apply to the skin. Cover the top with a towel and hold for at least 20 minutes.
- For acne, it is worth using a decoction of the herb. To do this, it is enough to use it every day for washing. After manipulation, the skin should dry naturally.
If you are allergic to this plant, there is a risk of redness and an itchy sensation. In addition, woodlice can lower blood pressure. It should be borne in mind that the herb stimulates the secretion of the digestive organs.
Collection and storage of plants
For the preparation of medicinal compositions and addition to various dishes, it is recommended to use exclusively ground plant fragments. The maximum of useful elements is contained in green sprouts. They are recommended to be consumed immediately after collection. In winter, dried stems should be used. Freezing can be one of the storage methods.
It is recommended to collect woodlice in May. At this time, it has the juiciest and softest stems. In this case, woodlice is recommended to be pulled out by the roots and placed for drying in a dry place that is well ventilated. Plants should be systematically turned over.
After drying, the culture should be folded into glass jars, paper bags or textile bags. The plant can be stored for a maximum of 1 year. However, it is best to consume it beforehand.
Wood lice is a medicinal plant that has a complex effect on the body. With the help of this herb, you can cope with various pathologies and strengthen the immune system. To achieve success in the treatment of ailments, you should strictly follow the rules for making decoctions and infusions. It is also imperative to take into account possible contraindications to the use of woodlice.