We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It is not so difficult to create hydroponics for growing vegetables on your own, and the technology of such cultivation is quite simple. Hydroponics for cucumbers and tomatoes allows you to get a decent harvest, if you follow certain rules and observe the technology.
How to make equipment at home
Hydroponics is a special modern system, with the help of which year-round cultivation of various garden crops is carried out without using a soil mixture. The role of the supplier of nutrients necessary for the growth and development of the plant is assigned to a special aqueous solution for hydroponics.
The composition of the applied nutrient solution must be selected individually, depending on the botanical characteristics of the culture and use in the pump system.
The standard hydroponic vegetable plant consists of two main parts:
- top part represented by a cylindrical vessel for a nutrient solution with several outlets for irrigation tubes, the number of which may vary depending on the number of plants. For assembly, plastic pipes are used, in the central part of which four holes are drilled. The sealing of the connection is created by means of sealing rubber rings or epoxy glue;
- Bottom part represented by a container for plants and a pump that pumps water into the first part. The transitional part from the upper to the lower part needs to be blocked, which will not allow the nutrient solution to flow down. In the partition, a mount must be provided for mounting the hose from the pump. With proper collection, the timer pump should turn on and pump water with plant nutrition to the upper part, from which it enters the root system of the plants through irrigation pipes.
The container for the plant is recommended to be made of plastic two-liter bottles with a cut bottom. It is very important to make drainage holes in the landing container. Expanded clay can be used as filler. In this case, during the preparation of the nutrient solution, one should remember such a property of the filler as alkalization.
DIY hydroponics for tomatoes and cucumbers
The composition of the nutrient solution for vegetables
Due to the botanical features, vegetable crops require not only different indicators of humidity, temperature and lighting, but also an individual diet. It’s important to remember that by means of phosphoric acid, the pH can be easily reduced in the direction of the acidic environment, and the addition of potassium hydroxide can increase the indicators in the direction of an alkaline environment.
The composition of the nutrient solution for growing cucumber in hydroponics should be observed quite accurately. However, when creating a nutrient medium, the quantitative content of the main elements may vary slightly, which does not adversely affect the growth, development and productivity of the vegetable crop.
|Battery||Minimum mg / L||The maximum amount of mg / l||The optimal amount of mg / l|
Tomatoes are one of the most popular vegetable crops that are grown hydroponically. When growing on hydroponics, you do not need to loosen and fertilize the soil, and the crop can be harvested year-round. The composition of the nutrient solution should be changed depending on the stage of development of the plant.
|Battery||After planting in mg / l||When forming the second brush in mg / l||When forming the third brush in mg / l||For a highly productive plant in mg / l|
Strict adherence to the proportions will allow you to get not only a high, but also a quality crop for a long time.
The cycle of growing tomatoes is about three months, and with the correct composition of the nutrient solution, fruit formation lasts up to ten months. Cultivation at home allows you to get two crops. Planting of new plants is carried out a month and a half before the removal of old ones, which contributes to uninterrupted productivity.
It is equally important to obtain the maximum yield to conduct timely and proper formation of plants in an upright position. Immediately after transplanting into mats or perlite, it is necessary to pull the wire and use special hooks or clips to support the plants. For full fruit setting, it is recommended to carry out annual artificial pollination of plants, which is especially important for home growing vegetables.
Technology for growing cucumbers and tomatoes
The cultivation of vegetables by this method is possible at home, as well as in a greenhouse or outdoors. Productivity when using hydroponics for cucumbers and tomatoes depends on such indicators as the features of the equipment used, the quality of lighting and the creation of optimal indicators of humidity and temperature conditions. Cucumber and tomatoes grow well and bear fruit abundantly in hydroponics, and the advantages of such modern technology are as follows:
- the possibility of year-round production of fresh vegetable products at home;
- simplicity and low cost of manufacturing the system with your own hands;
- rapid growth and development of plants, as well as the absence of the risk of drying out or lack of nutrition;
- lack of need to conduct regular irrigation activities;
- there is no risk of shortage or oversupply of basic fertilizers;
- the possibility of easy and hassle-free transplantation of plants for further cultivation in the traditional way;
- the best option when it is impossible to purchase and use fertile soil.
Professional hydroponics: how it works
Almost any substance that is characterized by porosity and has good absorbency can always be used as a substrate. Thus, for successful cultivation of vegetable crops in hydroponics, it is necessary to know and observe the composition and proportions of elements in the nutrient medium, regularly monitor the temperature regime, and periodically check the state of the root system and water level.